June 5, 2008

My Persona

While my challenge will focus around 50 of one activity, reporting on books, I thought I'd say a little on who I am first off.

I am Lady Amata Cromwell of 14th century England. My father's manor is in Northumbria, but several years past I traveled to the great city of London to wed. Sadly, my beloved has since passed on. In our short time of marriage, he taught me to read and write so that I could help him with his shop. Watching him at his craft of bookbinding was a joy and I can only hope I keep his good name in continuing on with the work. My maid servant is not only a dear companion to me in this work, but is an invaluable second watch over the details and correctness of what I am doing. For the most intriguing of manuscripts, I might offer to bind for free in exchange for allowing the copying of the text.

No comments: